Yes you have heard it correctly everyone. I have been writing--quite up a storm actually. I still am going through a rough patch with it but the more I punch through it, the easier it seems to get. I am past the dreaded middle, except for a few scenes, and onto the big reveal. There is alot of information going on in this part so I have to make it a tad more upbeat in the revision but so far so good.
Currently I have a few incentives going on to keep me going. My sister is begging to read it ever since she read the "first chapter" so she came up with a deal for me to write 2k words a day for 5 days a week and she would make me dinner and if I didn't, I had to make her dinner...wearing a terrible wig...for the blog...Yeah, not pleasant.
The next incentive was given to me yesterday that I had to write 14k words by Saturday and if I did, my friend would send me a surprise present. If I didn't, then I had to send him one...Yes it is a very long shot but if I do succeed then I could be a gal with some new awesome toy or coal...he did mention coal. If it is coal I'll trace him back by his return address and kick his lil butt.
So since I did the good of things, I might as well speak about the bad. Last night at 12:30ish pm I had the scare of my entire life. I returned home from seeing some friends to do a lil' writing before bed. I open my computer to see that it crashed. A small bit of worry but nothing to crazy when it loaded fine. I did some system checks while I clicked on my novel project in Scrivner. A pop up "THIS FILE IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH THIS VERSION OF SCRIVNER" and I almost fainted. The blood left my face and I may have went for the Home Alone scream face.
Panic punched me in the gut and I ran as fast as I could to the Tech forums to look for a fix. I realized there was some bug with the new update but it wasn't pertaining to my problem since I hadn't updated anything yet that I knew of. I looked around more and didn't find much. I did a broad Google search of the problem and to my luck I found a post a guy made about the exact same problem.
Come to find out with that version of Scrivner there is a bug that if your computer crashes it causes this monsterous disaster of doom--or at least that is how I saw it when I was half crying on the floor.
- Open up your project folder. The one that has the .scriv REMEMBER TO SAVE IT TO A FLASH DRIVE FIRST!!!
- Open Files
- Open Version which is a txt doc. If there is anything inside there, delete it and replace it with 16 which is the magic number for this Version.
- Then Save and Exit.
- Open your project and it should open with ease.
I promise to be back in the loop with things now that some issues were taken care of. I'm making this whole writing thing the first on my list right now. I need to focus on it and the writing world included. If you know of some great writing blogs or blogs in general please pass them onto me. I need things to do during my timed writing breaks :P Until next time!