Friday, March 16, 2012

It Takes Commitment!

People often ask me what it takes to write a book. More often than not I have to stop and think about it. Which is kind of ridiculous since writing is what I do. So I’ll say things like: you have to actually write, you need an idea, you need to stay away from internet. (that one I have trouble with, Im easily distract...oh shiny!) 
In reality, would you like to know what it takes to write a book? Are you ready for this? I’m laying it all on the line here for you. In order to write a book you need...commitment. I know, you really didn’t see that coming. 
Commitment is hard. I think often this is why people who want to write a book never write a book. It takes hard work, and a lot of it. Commitment is a scary thing in so many ways. Here’s an example from my personal life: tomorrow I’m making a huge commitment. I’m becoming a citizen of US. Talk about random announcement right? I’m excited, terrified, anxious, exhilarated, and so many other crazy emotions. For me, becoming a citizen is a huge step in the direction of my future. 
Writing is like that. You make a commitment, you sit down, and you write. And you write, and write, and write, and write, and then write some more.
 But before you write, you must take the step of commitment and decide to do it. Sound’s simple doesn’t it? Yet, its anything but. 
Anyone else out there with commitment issues? 
Well, there you have it. My little two cents on writing. That’s all I got for today because all I can think of is that in a few hours I’ll be an official citizen!!! Yay me!!! *HAPPY FREAK OUT DANCE* BOOOOYYYYYYAAA!!!!

Much love, 
Valia 

No comments:

Post a Comment