Friday, December 2, 2011

In Which I Fangirl Over a Book!

Hello darlings!
So I had this whole post planned for today, but then lo and behold, a book I'm particularly in love with came out early. 5 days early! So instead of my wondrous amounts of wisdom, ya'll are getting a book review. I know, I must really love this book to sacrifice myself in this way. 


Starting over sucks. 

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. 

And then he opened his mouth. 

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me. 

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

From Goodreads.com


Well, hello perfection! No seriously, I cannot find a bad thing to say about this book (or any books Jen writes for that matter). But let’s start at the beginning. 

Katy just moved to a new town and her mom keeps pushing her to make friends. So she walks next door, where according to her mom’s still working eyes, a boy hotness will be able to direct her to the nearest store. The door opens and this is where the fun begins. Katy is pulled into a world of obnoxious boy, sweet but hyperactive girl, and a town full of secrets. 
Katy’s character is fabulous. She’s a girl who works at making herself more than she is. She doesn’t take crap from people, even if those people are a gorgeous next door neighbor Daemon. Awe, Daemon, how do I not drool as I write this review? I’m pretty sure just the name sends goosebumps up my arm. He’s definitely a league all of his own. Oh my Holy Franking Superman! Daemon is just so, wait, is this review supposed to be G-rated? But really, I think I tell Jen daily she has ruined any chances for me with “real” boys! 
Obsidian is hot, sexy, funny, and breathtaking beginning to a series. The action is fast paced, the storyline is fabulous, and the relationships are adorable. Every page will leave you wanting more, in every way imaginable. *Snickers* The characters are fresh and exciting. I’ve only mentioned two but every character in this story is a work of art. Jen takes a story that is familiar and moves it to a whole another galaxy. I’m already having anxiety separation! 
Obsidian can be ordered now from Amazon. I highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone! 
Jennifer's blog: 
(Follow her, she's fabulous! )

Buy links for Obsidian

Obsidian on Goodreads


Happy reading and much love,
Valia

1 comment: