Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Years Resolutions

I hope you all had a great Holiday!  Mine went great!  I got some awesome stuff, including my beautiful new guitar, and I got to spend some much needed time with my family.  Was it just me or did it not feel like it was Christmas this yr?  Maybe it was because of the weather here in MO or maybe because it came and went so fast.  I don't know but part of me is glad it's over but another part of me wishes I still had time.  Any big plans for New Years?


You know how everyone sets new years resolutions and well, most people never stick with them?  Maggie Stiefvater lives by them and tries to succeed in each goal she sets for herself.  I can never recall setting any New Years Resolutions myself but I am seriously considering it this year.  I am thinking about this long and hard because if I am going to set resolutions, I want to make sure I don't put them on the back burner like the rest of America--this honestly isn't a diss to you all.  Alot of the goals I have set for my life I have accomplished but I haven't set any official writing ones.   Since I am all new to this Resolution thing, I don't know if it is taboo to say what goals you are considering.  I know Maggie doesn't say hers until the end of the yr but heck...what can it hurt.  I will only name a few that are topping the list:
  • Make more Writing time
  • Take this blog seriously and get more involved with promoting it
  • Learn more about vlogging and integrate it into my Wednesday posts
  • Finish my first draft, edit, and query agents (scary just thinking about that last part)
  • Learn guitar for when the writing doesn't flow well
So those are currently on the list.  I am going to try with everything I have to stick with them.  I love making goals so this is just a different kind.  Hope you all have a fun and save New Year and I shall see you again on the other side!  (btw...not the dark side...god I hope not the dark side LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment