Thursday, November 24, 2011

The reason I write....

“The tears I feel today
I'll wait to shed tomorrow.
Though I'll not sleep this night
Nor find surcease from sorrow.
My eyes must keep their sight:
I dare not be tear-blinded.
I must be free to talk
Not choked with grief, clear-minded.
My mouth cannot betray
The anguish that I know.
Yes, I'll keep my tears til later:
But my grief will never go.”
― Anne McCaffrey, Dragonsinger


On this Thanksgiving Day in America, I would like to take a moment to pay homage to the lady who gave me my first real cry from reading a book. The Ship Who Sang is the book that convinced me that some day I wanted to be a writer, and I could only hope to be half as good as Anne McCaffrey. Rest in Peace and thank you for every adventure you gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment