Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful - Author's Who Inspired

I don’t know about you but I’m stuffed like a turkey on a Thanksgiving day. Oh, wait. Anyway, now that my small attempt at humor has failed let’s move on to the actual part of the post. 
Thanksgiving. 
Predictable, I know, but I wanted to take a few moment’s and talk about author’s that I am thankful for. The list is beyond long, but there are a few who have shaped my writing, and my life.




Jules Verne. While most of the kids were reading superhero comics (don’t worry, I did as well) I fell in love with the worlds this man created. One of my favorite books of all time is a three story collection of his lesser known works.  The Begum’s Fortune, The Barsac Mission, and Robur the Conqueror.




Agatha Christie. I read pretty much everything by her. Murder on the Orient Express, And Then There Were None, and so many others. I loved mystery growing up, acting out my own detective games with friends. 
Carolyn Keene. Yes, I know there’ve been quite a few people writing under the pseudonym of this name but I loved Nancy Drew growing up. So many great mysteries, written with a clear voice that could be understood by those of every age. 


Honestly, I can’t even think of all the books I read as a child. Moby Dick, Jane Austen, Mark Twain, Alexander Dumas and many more. I have always been a reader, and now I have the privilege of being a writer. I was a science fiction/mystery junkie, what about you?

What are some of the authors you remember reading as a child who made an impact on your life?
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 
Valia 

No comments:

Post a Comment