Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Nova on Getting Back Up Again

It has been said that if you take off one day from writing, your muse will take off the next three.  Only, I have taken off more than a day, we shall not name how long, and I am defiantly feeling the loss of my muse.  When my current career takes off, it is hard for me to make writing my center focus.  The kind of job that I have doesn't even leave me much time to sleep, let alone get in a daily word count.  Don't get me wrong, I love my job but writing does something different for me all together.  I beg for the moments when I can make the world disappear, to jump into someone else's.  But right now that my life has slowed down, I have found it hard to get back into the swing of things.  It isn't that I have changed my mind about what I am writing right now, but when I sit down at that computer screen, it's as if I have a brain fart or like that movie where they erase the guys memory and he is only given a few items to figure it all out.  I just can't seem to find what I want to say.  

I have my outline and every step is planned out, so why can't I put the words down onto the paper?  How do I push myself to throw up the words that I know are buried in there?  Should I stand on my head? Or should I just Dance around to loud music to shake them out?  SOMEONE GIVE ME THE ANSWERS!  I'M DYING OVER HERE!

On an unrelated note.  I just watched 127 hours tonight.  I know, I am way behind with the times, but can I just say, "What an amazing story!"  That guy was super smart to do the things he did.  My dad loves the survivalist stuff so I kinda grew up on that.  I knew alot of the things he did but there were a few that surprise me, like making a way for him to sit.  I brought that up in my head but I never put two and two together.  It's movies like that that really make you think about life and what you would do in that same situation.  Have you seen any good movies lately that made you really think or that inspired you?  Lemme know!  I would love to check them out!  Till next week!

2 comments:

  1. gah! I hate when your groove is all messed up. Music seems to help me 'get in the mood' along with some rest. Do you have a playlist of some kind? If not, it can make all the difference. Unless, of course, you can't write while listening to music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually do have a couple playlists for this novel but I am wondering if I need to find some new tunes to add to it. I listen to them over and over so maybe they aren't having the same effect on me. Maybe I could try a different type of music and see how that effects me. I usually listen to soft sounds like a fine frenzy or something similar.

    ReplyDelete