Friday, January 20, 2012

On Craziness and Waiting

I have to be honest, I had a little bit of a hard time coming up with a topic this week. You see, my brain is a bowl of candy on Halloween. There is so much crazy in there, if you stick your hand in, you won’t know what will come out. I know, great visual for ya’ll, but its the truth. 
Does anyone else have weeks like that? 
Yet, I am not without a reason, oh dear ones. In a word, the reason (well one of them) for my madness is: querying. 
Query [ˈkwɪərɪ] “an inquiry from a writer to an editor of a magazine, newspaper, etc., regarding the acceptability of or interest in an idea for an article, news story, or the like: usually presented in the form of a letter that outlines or describes the projected piece.” (Dictionary.com)
Yes, that’s what I did. Or doing. Whichever. *shakes uncontrollably* 
The truth about publishing that no one ever seems to remember is the fact that publishing world is filled with rejection. People ask me all the time, “So when is your book getting published?” And more often than not, I really dislike that question. After the grueling (and ridiculously fun) process of actually writing and revising the book, there is agent search. Then, publisher search. Constant sanity search. But that’s beside the point. The point being, publishing world is brutal. However, while I toss and turn, fidgeting constantly while I wait, I wouldn’t trade it for anything.  Why? Because this is the world I’m part of and that’s how it works. I know, crazy logic but I already mentioned my mind is a nuclear explosion in my brain. 







It would be cool if it was this. 
Instead, it's more of this.

So, here’s to waiting. 
Waiting. 
Waiting. 



Here’s a video for you (or me, whatever):


Still waiting. 
Much love, 
Valia 

1 comment:

  1. SO MUCH WAITING. And people who aren't writers just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete